This Policy applies to our obligations under the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020.
Who we are
Ashton Wheelans is a New Zealand registered limited liability company and our registered business name is: Ashton Wheelans Limited
We operate this website www.ashtonwheelans.co.nz and all pages within these domains.
By using our website, you accept the terms of this Policy. You also consent to us collecting, storing, and using your personal information for the purposes for which you provided it.
The information we collect
We collect personally identifiable information from you when you:
- complete an online form
- event registration forms
- contact us enquiry form
We also collect personal information contained in any verbal or written communications between you and us, such as:
- during telephone conversations
- via email messaging
- via text messaging
The information we collect includes:
- your name
- your email address
- your telephone number(s)
- your physical address
- invoicing information
Providing some information is optional but if you choose not to provide required information, this could impact our provision of services to you.
We collect your personal information in order to
- communicate with you, including responding to your feedback and information provided in submission forms
- administer, evaluate and improve our site
- improve our services
- conduct administrative tasks within our business
- enable your use of the services available on our website
- send you relevant commercial communications via email and/or other messaging
- send you email notifications and our client newsletter that you have specifically requested
- send you marketing communications relating to our business, that you have specifically previously agreed to, or which we think may be of interest to you (you can opt out of these marketing communications at any time)
- deal with enquiries and complaints made in relation to our website, content, or suppliers
- for any other purpose for which you give your consent e.g. applying for a job with us
Unless you give us permission to reuse your personal information, we only hold this information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was provided. We then destroy or de-identify personal information unless we are otherwise required or authorised by law to retain the information.
We also collect non-identifiable information, when you engage with our website, such as:
- Your device ID, device type and information, geo-location information, Internet Protocol (IP) address and standard web log information. This information is manged with regular rotational purges.
- We use Google Analytics software to help measure traffic patterns to, from, and within our website. This service is used to anonymously aggregate website statistics such as number of page views, the number of visitors, time spent on our site, browser types, and common entry and exit points into and from the website. All information is aggregated by Google Analytics and provided to us to help us better understand usage of our website — no individual visitors are identified. Google Analytics is a leader in the industry and their systems have been adopted as an accepted website traffic measurement standard amongst major websites. You can learn more about Google Analytics by visiting the following links:
- In addition to Google Analytics, we use other third-party email marketing tools to track how our website performs to make sure we are constantly improving our services. These third-party sources cannot identify you. All sources are secure and private and are only accessed by Ashton Wheelans. These third-party marketing sources will never contact you directly or share your data for their own purposes.
Social Media Advertising
Disclosure of personal information
We do not and will never disclose any personal information you provide to us to any outside parties without your permission, unless it is necessary for us to do so in order to carry out our service to you, for example with our:
- trusted business partners
- service providers such as our web host, IT system administrators and professional advisors
- software providers such as customer relationship management and accounting software
- contractors who work with us to provide specific services
- or otherwise as required by law.
Your personal information will only ever be disclosed to third parties here in New Zealand (or outside of New Zealand as applicable) who have agreed to treat your personal information in a manner consistent with New Zealand’s privacy laws.
Security of information
We employ all reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information. We hold your personal information digitally in secure databases operated by our third-party service providers. Any hard copies of personally identifiable information are held securely at our offices.
Access to your information within our organisation is limited to employees that are entitled to access this information as a requirement of their role.
Our website uses secure sockets layer (SSL) technology which establishes an encrypted link between our web server and a user’s web browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browser remain private. However, by using our site, you acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet, regardless of how securely we store your data.
Links to other websites
Accessing and updating your personal information
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you would like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at the details provided at the bottom of this page.
If at any time you would like to opt out of receiving any correspondence from us, or would like your personally identifiable information removed from our database, please contact us using the details at the bottom of this page and we will honour your request.
Amendments to our Policy
Making a complaint
If you believe your privacy has been breached or if you have a complaint about our handling of your personal information, please contact us using the details below.
We take privacy complaints seriously. If you make a complaint, we aim to respond within 5 business days to acknowledge your complaint at which time we will let you know how long we will take to resolve your complaint. We will investigate your complaint and write to you to explain our decision as soon as practicable.
How to contact us
If you would like to know more about how we collect, use, store and disclose your personal information, please contact us using the details below.