Wage Subsidy Scheme (WSS) Round 5
to help businesses keep paying staff and protect jobs
- Businesses must demonstrate a 40% decline, or predicted decline in revenue over a period of 14 consecutive days between 12 October and 25 October inclusive (this is the revenue test period), compared to a typical 14 consecutive days of revenue in the six weeks immediately before to the move to Alert Level 4 on 17 August (this is the default comparator period).
- if your business has highly seasonal revenue, you must have at least 40% decline over the revenue test period compared to the same 14 consecutive days in 2020 or 2019 (this is the seasonal comparator period).
- Further criteria details can be found here
- Payment is made as a two week lump sum at:
- $600 a week for each full-time employee retained (20 hours a week or more)
- $359 a week for each part-time employee retained (less than 20 hours a week).
- You must have consent from employees to submit their details
- Applications are not able to be tracked once lodged but timeframes are expected to be up to 3 days (while MSD verify staff records to IRD records).
- Apply below for the fourth Wage Subsidy payment - open until 11.59pm on Thursday 28 October
- If you didn’t apply for previous payment, you can still apply for Wage Subsidy #3 if you meet the eligibility criteria
- If you’ve applied for a previous COVID-19 Wage Subsidy August 2021, you need to wait until two weeks after you’ve applied before you can apply for Wage Subsidy August 2021 #5. If you apply earlier than this, your application for the new subsidy will be declined
- If you applied and were eligible for the second wage subsidy, you will receive an email to tell you when you can apply for the new Wage Subsidy #5
- Further information on the WSS can be found here.